As your business grows, you may feel like you’re in need of more and more employees just to handle the day-to-day workings of your company. One such professional that many companies put off hiring is an IT expert. However, an IT professional is instrumental in keeping your business running smoothly and making sure you’re staying on the cutting edge of technology. When this is not your area of expertise, it may be difficult to know what to look for when it comes to enlisting IT services in St. Charles County, MO. We’re here to help you determine how to discern which professional is right for you:
- Have specific goals and communicate them: Even the best applicants won’t know what your company needs as well as you do. What software or goals do you have for the technology of your business? What role do you need someone to fill, and what knowledge and expertise do you need them to bring to the table? Don’t wait for your applicants to tell you what they think you need—make sure you’re fully aware of exactly what you need the professional to do before interviewing candidates.
- Don’t get distracted by lines on their CV: Just because the interviewee has listed the software or technology that you’re using doesn’t mean they’re great problem solvers. Having the technical experience doesn’t mean they have the skill to troubleshoot, suggest creative problem solutions and explain the “why” behind the “we can’t do that.”
- Ask better questions: Just because you don’t know the language of the software doesn’t mean that the right IT professional can’t clearly communicate their approach and how they’ll handle the specific problems your business faces. When interviewing, consider asking the interviewee what their approach is to solving certain problems, how they’ve handled similar roles and problems as the ones you’re hiring them to fix and what they do when they get stuck. You’ll find IT services in St. Charles County, MO that are not afraid to dig a little deeper.
- Watch out for buzzwords: IT professionals shouldn’t spout a bunch of buzzwords in the interview and hope that you don’t know enough of what they’re talking about to ask deeper questions. Even if you’re not familiar with the technical aspect of the role, you know what you need, and you should expect them to be able to clearly communicate their solutions and approach before they even start in the role.
- Look for hands-on experience: Certifications and degrees mean something, but experience is just as important, if not more so. Learning the theories of IT services in St. Charles County, MO is one thing, but practicing the troubleshooting and problem solving that makes up the bulk of the IT profession is where the true learning takes place.
If you’re looking for third-party IT services in St. Charles County, MO, Computer Paramedic is here to help. For more than two decades, we’ve served the needs of individuals and businesses throughout the area. Our techs can come to your aid whenever you require, offering insights that keep your business’ vital systems safe, secure and reliable. Schedule an appointment with our techs today!
Categorised in: IT Services