It may be tempting to skip the virus protection when you get a new PC. There are more protections today from the viruses that used to plague us in the early days of the Internet. And, many PCs come preloaded with antivirus software that are overpriced when the free trial runs out. However, skipping the virus protection altogether is a mistake unless you want to be ready to take your PC in for computer services in St. Charles County, MO. Here’s why:
- Malware: It’s not viruses that are the main attackers of PCs these days, but malware. Malware is likely the most common reason why PC owners have to get professional computer services in St. Charles County, MO. Malware may seem less harmful when first infiltrating, but it hides in the background and performs other nefarious tasks until it becomes too noticeable to ignore.
- Windows 10 protections: If you have Windows 10, you may already have some protections you’re not aware of. Windows Firewall and Windows Defender are built into the OS and both help keep your PC protected.
- Windows Defender Offline: While Windows Defender is included with Windows 10, there’s another version available offline with additional protections called Windows Defender Offline. This runs even while you’re not connected to the internet and finds more covert viruses.
- Smarter, sneakier viruses: When confronted with some of the common viruses of the older days of the young Internet, most of us know not to click on flashing banners proclaiming we’ve won $1 million. However, viruses and malware are much sneakier today, often masquerading as innocuous apps on the Windows Store or other reputable sites. These malware are specifically built to trick computer-savvy individuals. You don’t have to be particularly out-of-touch or gullible to fall prey to their agendas. Don’t beat yourself up for falling victim to these sneak attacks—just get virus protection so you don’t have to!
- Extra insurance: Any amount of virus or malware protection offers good insurance against many types of potentially harmful software that can attack your computer. Windows Defender is a great start, and infinitely better than nothing at all, providing built-in insurance against potentially harmful code.
If you do find yourself a victim of some unwanted, nefarious malware, Computer Paramedic provides a number of computer services in St. Charles County, MO. Computer Paramedic aims to be your partner for all things computer-related. From simple setup and troubleshooting to major repairs and data recovery, maintenance and IT oversight, we do just about everything when it comes to keeping your computer and network up and running. Customers frequently bring us their computers for help with virus and malware removal, as well as software updates. We can also help you find a virus protection software that’s right for your needs and provide insight and advice into protecting your computer and your data. Visit our storefront for device troubleshooting or schedule an on-site appointment with one of our technicians today. We look forward to helping you navigate the increasingly complex world of computers!
Categorised in: Computer Services